We’re really excited to have teamed up with SO41 Catering for this year’s Bream on the Green pop-up restaurant. Launched in 2019 by head chef Matt Doe and his wife Lisa, what started with delicious street food has grown into an artisan bakery, high-end event catering, supper clubs and beautifully crafted dishes for order via the SO41 Signature range.
Chefs Matt, ‘Mini’ and Scott have been gracing some of the New Forest’s best eateries over the last decade. Sourcing local ingredients from the best local suppliers, then putting their expert twist the team have created a menu that simply rocks for this year’s festival.
SO41 Catering is all about the community, hence the name as a postcode! From training up budding young chefs, to holding the most responsible values and ethos when it comes to producing their food sustainability.
We think Matt & co will be the next big thing to emerge on the New Forest food scene and we’re delighted to give them a stage to deliver something special. We hope you will support these locals too.
PLEASE NOTE YOU ALSO NEED TO BOOK A TICKET TO THE EVENT. WE CAN ONLY TAKE BREAM ON THE GREEN BOOKINGS FOR SAT AND SUN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A TICKET AS THOSE SESSIONS ARE NOW SOLD OUT. WE STILL HAVE FULL AVAILABILITY FOR FRIDAY
If you have a specific question or special allergen needs, please contact us at [email protected]
Charred Mackerel, Beetroot & Apple Slaw, Dorset Watercress £9
Hake Fish Finger Sliders, Tartar Sauce, Pea Puree x 3 £9
Cod Cheek Taco, Tomato & Coriander Salsa, Guac £10
Katsu King Prawns, Katsu Mayo, Lime Wedge £10
Sea bream Ceviche, Charred Orange, Dorset Watercress £9
Gin Cured Salmon, Tonic Gel, Compressed Cucumber, Pink Peppercorn Dressing £10
SO41 Prawn Cocktail £10
King Prawns, Baby Gem Lettuce, Tomato Jelly, Lemon Gel, Parsley Crumb, Maire Rose Sauce
Smoked Trout Pate, Pickled Samphire, Sourdough Crisps £9
Double Chocolate Brownie, Vanilla Cream, New Forest Strawberries £6.50
Lemon Posset, New Forest Raspberries, Vanilla Shortbread £6.50
New Forest Berry Eton Mess £6.50
What’s The Deal With Booking A Table?
- If you prefer relaxing in a different dining experience with first class service, great food and lip-smacking wines, then why not book a table and celebrate with friends?
- Bookings have set times across the weekend. This is to manage table numbers for our 120 cover restaurant.
- As we’re outside, tables seat up to 8 persons. Ideally with a minimum table of 4, maximum of 8 persons across the following timeslots below. If you prefer to dine as a table of 2, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help.
- To help the SO41 team and secure your booking a deposit of £5 per person is required. This will be deducted off your final bill.
- To ensure as many people as possible can enjoy the Bream of the Green experience and of course leave time for the live music, street performers and a couple more drinks, each booking is limited to 1hr 30mins.
Meet the SO41 Catering Team
Matt is the driving force behind the stove, working in kitchens since the age of 14yrs starting of as a pot wash and working his way up. A wealth of experience within several leading hotels before moving onto high end catering at major sporting events such as Wimbledon Tennis and Wembley Stadium.
Michael ‘Mini’, has been feeding diners across the Forest with stints at Carey’s Manor as a senior sous chef when they held 3 rosettes. He’s been Head chef at the Cliffhouse in Barton on Sea and most recently helping to set up and launch the exciting Lighthouse in Milford.
Scott has had a stellar career working in Michelin star restaurants around the country and winning 3 rosettes as head pastry chef on the Isle of Wight. Out of the kitchen Scott can be found sat by the river with his fishing rod in hand.
Her main job is to keep the boys in check and things running smoothly between kitchen and heading up the SO41 front of house team. If that’s not enough, there’s a couple of kids, a dog and the growing SO41 Catering business to run!