Visiting The Festival
Parking is limited in Lymington so we advise everyone where possible to think about how your car can be left at home for the day. Whether it’s a gentle stroll, getting on your bikes or letting the train take the strain?
MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT
Perched on the edge of the New Forest, Lymington is the perfect place to get away for the weekend. Packed with great experiences, over 40miles of coastline and thousands of acres of historic forest to explore, why not make a weekend of it?
Whether it’s pitching a tent under the stars, booking a boutique hotel stay or seeking more space for friends and family at a cottage there are options galore.
With over 140 properties New Forest Cottages are the area’s leading holiday cottage agency with a portfolio of pretty cottages, large family homes as well as barns, cabins and apartments. Whether it’s somewhere rural surrounded by roaming ponies or a coastal escape.
Some have private swimming pools, swings, orchards, tree-houses and even private beaches. Prices start low up to luxury level and you’ll be sure to find a holiday home from home to suit all age groups, budgets and tastes.
HOW TO GET TO THE FESTIVAL
Bath Road Park is about a 10minute stroll from Lymington Town Centre and the train station. With regular trains running from Brockenhurst station we’re in easy reach and you don’t have to worry about driving.
How would you like to travel?
The train from Brockenhurst to Lymington Town Station takes 8 mins and runs every 30mins across the weekend. See Trainline for times. Additional carriages will be laid on over the weekend.
From Lymington Town Station it’s about a 15min walk, that’s if you don’t stop for a quick refreshment enroute.
If it’s a little too far to walk, then peddle power is the way to arrive. There will be bike racks on site, plus the park has lots of other places to secure your bikes for the day.
Why not cycle from Brockenhurst with http://www.newforestcyclehire.co.uk/
All aboard, tickets please. Whether you are traveling from Southampton, Ashurst or Lyndhurst, Blue Star run regular services through out the day.
Or why not take advantage of the open-top New Forest Tour Bus http://thenewforesttour.info/routes/
If you’re heading in from Bournemouth, Christchurch or New Milton, then below is the link for More Bus, are on hand to get you around safely.
Of course the only way to arrive is by sea! Lymington is one of the UK’s premier yachting centres and is located in an enviable position at the ‘gateway’ to the western Solent making it a popular destination for sailors, power boaters and cruisers throughout the season.
The harbour is easily accessible with deep water access to all visitor mooring areas. There is a wide choice of berths and facilities ranging from private marinas to Lymington Harbour Commission’s own walk ashore berths and the new moorings at the Town Quay and the popular Dan Bran pontoon so hop on your own boat and come and visit. For bookings with Lymington Harbour click HERE
Wightlink. Don’t own your own boat, don’t worry you can also reach us from the Isle of Wight with Wightlink on their Yarmouth to Lymington service.
Coral Star. Or why not hop on the Coral Star who will be running regular ferries from Yarmouth to Lymington all weekend. For prices and pre-booking see HERE
A FEW PLEASES FROM THE ORGANISERS
- We can no longer accommodate the high number of visitors requesting ticket changes. Therefore for 2024 please note
- Tickets CANNOT be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Leave the car at home. It’s better for the environment and you don’t have to worry about finding a ‘designated driver’.
- If you do drive, please park sensibly and with consideration. Don’t block drives or mess up grass verges.
- Help us recycle by using the right bin. We appreciate it’s not going be perfect, especially after a few drinks, but it helps when our waste team is sorting tonnes of rubbish.
- Do not throw rubbish into the river and pond.
There is no glass allowed on site.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead. We’ll have water bowls available.
- Please don’t bring your own food or drinks and support all the fabulous traders at the event. We have the right to search your bags on arrival and any food or drink will be confiscated, you can have it back when you leave all nice and warm for the journey home.
- Keep checking the website and our Facebook page @lymingtonseafoodfestival for more information over the coming months